Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

time warp Tuesday and THEN some...


You know Jen runs runs Time warp Tuesday, a chance to look back at your old snaps?
I came across the pic of the wife up there...twas just floating around the studio, and it dates to fall of 1994.  We taught at a school in Massachusetts and we would walk all over, way up this hill by a lake...and at the top of one hill our old dog Petey had a golden retriever friend....
we had found Petey living on the street in Chicago and took him in.  He was some kind of  mix, just awesome.  He could be fierce and chased off intruders once at our Chicago apartment, and he was tiny!  The vet told us "dogs don't look in the mirror!".
I made Petey banks back in the 1990s, and here is one, and I would put these pics up at my sales booth to sell them....
Petey was an awesome and cuddly dog, and lived to 19 years old and passed away just after we moved here!  He helped us choose the house and then knew his work was done...
as you see in the header, I make slightly different dog banks now....

I saw this many hundreds of years old book illustration by monks and I looooooove it...and doodled a cat and fiddle myself as you see...which got me doodling other things along those lines....
have an awesome day!

 

You probably need a pair of blue candle holders like these, right? For sale now at my etsy shoppe! blue candle holders

8 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Petey looks like a sweet but tough little guy. Such a cutie. I love the Petey banks too.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Petey looks like such a great dog! I have a big soft spot for corgis...even partial corgis. They are big dogs in a small body.

smalltownme said...

Cool doodles!

Momma Fargo said...

Love those candle holders! Bravo on nostagia!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Um.... yes, how did you know? ;)

M is so very lovely. Truly, you've got a beautiful wife, Gary! (but you knew that already)

BSOB said...

nice doodling! i like that cat a lot too.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love the lighting in that snap--everything is glowing. You are right, I might need those candleholders :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Petey was a special guy, just as all your pets seem to be. You are an awesome doodler!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.