Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

squared....

Squaring off a freshly made round pot is a nice variation...and something I seem to have been in the mood for last week! (in the mood for other things this week, of course...)

I really love these flower pots.  Came out unexpectedly wonderful.  The wife asked for a pair of them and I imagined they would look just so, and I wanted to make a certain dish for them too, and wow! Just as I hoped, or better than.... I want to make more little dishes like those cute ruffly things there....


Was thinking about a squared mug and trying the glaze scheme on the mug below.  It worked out well. One thing I have noticed over the years is people do not like the look of a squared mug rim, but the base can be squared.....


You may need this pair of gorgeous bowls for your own snacking or table, chip and dip! Whatever! For sale now at my etsy shoppe :)pair of bowls for chip and dip or serving

6 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

oh, sweet!

smartcat said...

Cool!

Barbara Rogers said...

remember when being called "square" was derogatory? How about being "four square"? Your pottery square=ness is the best!

Michèle Hastings said...

I like those square bowls, I bet the small one fits nicely in your hand.

Joe Troncale said...

No one would ever call you square, Gary...

Shortstuff said...

Cute squared off pots. Clever idea.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.