Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, February 21, 2013

the week of the gnome....

Sure feels like the WEEK of the Gnome.... as you will see in the next day or 2... I even wrote this haiku called THIS AFTERNOON

 My chilly fingers
Have made a dozen silly
 Gnomes...and two pigs.

Speaking of pigs, I was dreaming and had ideas and awoke and put dreams into action....the mug below is the result.  It is not exactly what it needs to be...yet....and so I made a second version, which is.
But I get to keep this one :)

 
(mug by me...and me below, with Spike)

10 comments:

smartcat said...

You place your critters in the neatest spots.

Spike looks like he wants some too. "Where's mine?"

~ Sil in Corea said...

I love that athletic piggy!

My cat just gave me the same look that Spike gave you, heheheh!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Maybe the handle needs to arch up higher and be thinner to give you more finger-room, like the cup on the table.

Shortstuff said...

Can't wait to see the gnomes.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YES, the handle is too small :) And I want the pig on top.

Lori Buff said...

Very cute. If anyone can make that pig placement work you can.
I love the pic with you and Spike.

Barbara Rogers said...

OINK! And of course Meow. Now what does a Gnome say?

Michèle Hastings said...

looks like you and Spike are having a stare-down.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Momma Fargo said...

I think you and the Missus must have the fanciest of feasts and the most fun while dining. Great mugs!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.