Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, February 16, 2013

sweety pie




I swear the secret to life is a warm BEAGLE and a hot cup of Tom Kelleher's chocolate raspberry coffee....

Like ·  · Share · Promote ·  2 seconds ago  ·  

Believe it or not, that was what I said yesterday, and here I am AGAIN, with more chocolate raspberry coffee and my wee
beagle sweety pie....and,well, you can imagine....




Some of you will remember my WEE apple pies.  Ten or so years ago Martha Stew.'s magazine had a
simple recipe to make tiny little apple pies with kids.  I was like "who needs the kids?" and my version of this fun and quick
pie follows!***
















I have an order to make a gazillion GNOME MUGS.  This is funny.  Blogging is free, right? And what you wrote years ago NEVER GOES AWAY. In my case it has always been free, and an easy and fun way to do business.  I filled up TWO blogs quickly between 2006 and a couple years ago (before I found a way to sneak content into a 3rd blog without loading in too much bits and bytes).  Anyway, last week a woman writes that she had come across my gnome mugs in a blog post I did in 2007....I have not made such a thing in all these years, but I was LIKE OK, can do....... have a great weekend!


****4 baby apple pies recipe

-prepare dough 1/2 hour early:  using a fork in a bowl, mix 1 1/3 cup flour, 6 tbs margerine, 1 tbs sugar, 5 tbs water...when it looks combined and doughy and nice, set in fridge for 1/2 hour
-later, preheat oven to 350
-chop 2 apples and put into a 2nd bowl with 1 tbs lemon or lime juice, 1 tbs sugar, 2 tbs flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, stir nicely
-take dough, form into a log, cut into 8 pieces.  Using your hands to pattycake 4 into flat disks, line 4 custard cups with dough, pressing it around to cover well.  Then add apple mix.  Pattycake the remaining 4 dough bits and stretch to cover eac wee pie nicely, fork the top edge, cut slits.  I added some sugar and cinnamon to the tops....
-set on a cookie sheet and bake about 35-45 minutes, until they look golden!




7 comments:

Shortstuff said...

Those gnome mugs are adorable! Glad she found them so you could share them with us again.
Hmm...four little apple pies. One for Gary, one for Maude, one for Penny and one for Spike. Perfect for your little family of four!

Michèle Hastings said...

doesn't everyone love gnomes?!

A pie crust without shortening... is it easy to work with?
I should give them a try, 4 small pies is better for this little family of two than baking a whole big one.

Barbara Rogers said...

As usual, you've outdone yourself...3 good ideas...staying in bed w/pup, gnome mugs, and apple tartys. GREAT

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I HAD FORGOTTEN but now added the correction up there: pie crust-- needs 6 tbs margerine :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Wee pies AND gnomes? You win! These both look great!

~ Sil in Corea said...

Got to love tiny pies, gnomes on cups and a snuggly beagle! You have a wonderful life. :-D

Busy Bee Suz said...

Thats so gnome cute!!!! :)
I'm going to look into raspberry chocolate coffee....sounds like the best way to wake up!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.