Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the improvisational pizza baker!



I was out walking my buddy Nook in downtown Ithaca Tuesday...Cascadilla Falls is behind him, totally frozen!  A little trickle coming out the bottom.  My southern friends are thinking "a frozen waterfall???? how could it be????" and everybody else is like "there are houses hanging over that gorge?!" and its like YES and also "downtown Ithaca has waterfalls there????" YES, Ithaca has 150 waterfalls I believe and I remember hearing once, 100 years ago, Niagara Falls froze too.  People walked out and under and had a look....anyway, look at the pretty handmade iron gate with oak leaves!


I was walking Penny and wrote this haiku on the spot:

My adorable
Beagle ate pizza off the
Street. Gross.  Could be worse.


So that got me thinking Sunday "I wonder if there is such a thing as a recipe for VEGAN CURRY PIZZA?" and of COURSE there is...

I made it Monday....and again Tuesday, because I a) liked it so much and b) had improvements in mind and wanted to try it out!
(ie, the pizza is very simple, and you make a curry sauce....I wanted to try the second time with MORE curry sauce, which was an awesome idea--the pizza is made on a regular crust and I used my usual, and you make an easy curry sauce, top with onions, chickpeas and sweet potato, OH MY!)


You probably need a pair of sweet tiny dishes (spoon rest, teabag holder, etc!) for sale now at my etsy shoppe!
cat and dog small dishes

7 comments:

Shortstuff said...

That's a beautiful gate. What an interesting pizza. Bet it was tasty!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Mmmmm...curry and pizza together. Is it the new chocolate and peanut butter? Looks good!

Lori Buff said...

We had Indian food for dinner last night too. This sounds great. I'll have to try it.
Great Gate!

Michèle Hastings said...

beautiful gate! pizza sounds delish, I wish Jeff liked curry as much as I do.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'd happily try that curry pizza, and this northerner is a true believer in frozen waterfalls! I still regret not driving out on a cold, icy day in Northern Virginia to see the Potomac River frozen over near Leesburg/White's Ferry. That would have been a sight to see!

Momma Fargo said...

Ha! Love your haiku! Neat photos and interesting pizza. hmmm. Have to try that. Love your bowls!

Hilary said...

Your pizzas always look so yummy!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.