Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, February 1, 2013

NOOKNookNook!

But first, I wrote a haiku in celebration of my most despised month, well, it is in 2nd place with January in first:


February
Is not a favorite month,
But better than

January!
And a big step closer to
A glorious spring. :)

Nook and I were walking around downtown Ithaca Thursday...Cascadilla Falls, the bank where they give him treats, and... street art.... A SABER TOOTHED JACKALOPE! I was glad he could protect me....




I wanted a nice pic of all my elephant mug types together....it occurred to me that light blue and spotted would be a good move...it always is....ALSO you see here my first truly, head to toe, successful car bank...holy CATS I looooooove it...those things take forever! When I work on these things I try to make a balance of cute but not cutesie, tremendous but not twee, childlike but not childish, comic but not comical....I could go on :)
Have a great weekend!


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

7 comments:

smartcat said...

You associate with all the cutest pups! The car is perfect....but I appreciate the work that goes into them. I don't think people realize how complicated vehicles are.

The TEAPOT is perfect. I tried to comment on Etsy but couldn't figure it out......never fear, I get thing eventually.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the car...and having made 2 vehicles myself (not banks unfortunately) I know how much work can go into them. But yours was Thrown! not made from slabs, so it has that lovely roundedness about it too! I simply love the dog out the window, and his tongue flying. I know these sculptures should be in galleries. Or homes where they will be well loved!

Michèle Hastings said...

Gary, you nail it every time!

Lori Buff said...

The car bank rocks. I really love the dog hanging out the window and the smiling grill.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YEP, every part made on the wheel except the dog :) it is a LOT of parts....

bartster said...

The car bank always makes me smile...even the car has a particular personality and attitude...and that pup---simply awesome!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Awesome car bank, Gary! And you scored with the polka-dot elephant, too. :)
Love the peeks at Ithaca art -- the saber-toothed jackalope is a first for me.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.