Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

time warp Tuesday and then some...

You know Jen runs this thing, time warp Tuesday, a chance to look back at your old snaps?
I poke through the old album, and am often surprised by the little nuggets.  I tucked similar photos behind photos sometimes, so look at this (had been hidden) series of the wife and my old bachelor cat Sammy, winter 1992, just when we started getting together, me and the future wife....Sammy liked to climb into her skirts! (Sammy was such a great cat, passed away a few years ago, age 17!  He had been a stray on the streets of Chicago, but was a beauty, nice long marmalade and white fur--speaking of beauty, goodness, look at my lady, wow!)
).

In other news, of course, work continues with hilarious results sometimes....Godzilla bowls by me...


have an awesome day, we will!

11 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

Munch! Is that Godzilla bowl a generous cereal-bowl size? I <3 it!
Those are *great* pictures of Maude and Sammy.
Penny is just TOO Adorable for words!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

No, the bowls are a good medium-small size to hold like your yogurt and granola or some salsa, something like that, thanks!

smartcat said...

You always come up with terrific photos, loaded with nostalgia.

I am almost ready to start searching through my own photo piles.

Kitties and pups always look so cute on leopard throws; Penny is no exception!

Lori Buff said...

If you put some cereal in the bowls would Godzilla stop eating them? :-)

Mrs. G. said...

What a beauty you are married to, then and now. Love the bowls!

smalltownme said...

It's so cute here today!

Barbara Rogers said...

Growelllll! My inner godzilla greeting yours! What, doesn't everyone have one? Love the old pics...may yet join you, since I do Sepia Saturday often, and they're mainly Brits.

Tara pottery said...

Awwwww puppy!! So sweet I love it!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Love that series with M & Sammy! ♥

I see that Penny still claims your animal print pillow. :)

Hilary said...

Fun photos.. of your lovely wife and of that sweet Penny.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The Missus was and IS a beauty....that shines through in the old and new photos.
You've always had the best cats; lucky you, lucky them.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.