Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, March 22, 2012

the most beautiful:_______


Fill it in, the most beautiful BEAGLE! Wife! Flowers! Bowl below! (I really like that bowl...)
My point? Some say Cornell University has the prettiest campus on earth....and with the old buildings and acres and miles of forest, gardens, rivers, hills and gorges, maybe it is :) There is a lake on campus called Beebe Lake, and somebody planted a zillion daffodils there, and it would seem that Penny found them....we went over in the continued HOThot HOT weather and had the picnic with the wife outside her office....

dig this fine bowl here. I am so excited, I need to make MORE MORE more in this glaze scheme, with appropriate monsters indeed.....
have a great Thursday!

11 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

This bowl is amazing, Gary!!! I agree...do more, more, MORE!!! With lotza critters and monsters, too.

Michèle Hastings said...

fabulous bowl! I am so lovin' this weather, so happy that it was not snowing while i was in NH.
Happy picnicking!

Joe Troncale said...

Great glaze which helps make it a great bowl. Great Godzilla which makes it a work of art! It reminds me of one of our Shih Tzu puppies who also has a snaggle tooth!
May we all continue to enjoy the early Spring!
PS: I have been following your advice about instantly recycling my clay scraps. Since I now have the pugmill, I throw them into the hopper's mix so that I don't have to do so much fuss with figuring out reconstitution and stuff.
PPS: I showed my wife your cat mugs, and I think she wants to order some for one of our cat-lover friends. I think I would like to order one for the pastor of our church who is always being made fun of for how much he dislikes cats! It is a long-standing joke in our congregation. It would be perfect...

Lori Buff said...

So much beauty in your pictures. The bowl is fabulous.
The nice thing about daffodils is that if you plant a handful then leave them alone they will multiply like crazy and you'll have hundreds.

Barbara Rogers said...

Absolutely great bowl. Yes make more of something that beautiful...I'm specially taken by the diagonal indent...which I've also started exploring in shaping bowls. Onward beautiful potter!

Unknown said...

It's so pretty at the campus.
Your Godzilla bowl is AWESOME, I LOVE that combination of glaze colours, one of my favourites.

Unknown said...

Love the bowl Gary, very pretty. So love the critters. I also love how lovingly Penny is looking at Maude. You are truly surrounded by beauty....

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Everything looks beautiful while spring is budding. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Climate change has arrived. I am the coldest person in the blogosphere right now!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Oooh, daffodils! How lovely! I miss spring flowers....don't even get me started on tulips and peonies. Most excellent monster pot too. You seem to be on quite a creative roll!

red dirt girl said...

Love the daffies AND the cool bowl! The blue bonnets are a'bloomin ~ we actually get a warm day with NO HUMIDITY. That's spring for us Texans.

xxx

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.