Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, March 1, 2012

every woman's dream...?


Every woman's dream is CHOCOLATE, and as some of you may know, there has been a birthday here in this household this week. So, me and the oven have gone into high gear, because the birthday gal asked for my TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES (why stop at single...or double...?). I made her family's plum torte recipe and put a candle on there too. I could tell you these recipes, but then I'd have to kill you.....

The wife tells me this morning, and she will kill ME for saying this in public but I bet she does not read this until Friday evening:
--Last night we are all awakened...dog, cat, husband, wife, because the wife is screaming out in her sleep. A nightmare! At breakfast just now she tells me
"I was dreaming we were sitting at a table and I wanted to propose marriage to you but I couldn't I just couldn't, because it was February 29th! So I was screaming...."

Better to dream of chocolate.....

12 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

kill me I think you sent me that recipe- need to make it!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

But I thought that February 29 was the one day where women could propose marriage....at least in Ireland in the olden days. She should definitely dream of triple chocolate cookies! Much better.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I know, the irony of Feb 29 tradition and proposals etc! I have shared these recipes before, actually. I have also posted, between my 3 blogs over 6 years and 5000+ posts, and you could find those recipes if you went searching :)

Joe Troncale said...

Man, what a great looking birthday!

Reverend Awesome said...

Happy birthday, Maude! Enjoy your day and all the wonderful baked goods!

Maybe she was screaming because she wanted to propose, but she finds the whole "girls asking boys only on February 29th" thing silly? Traditions like that are scream worthy.

smalltownme said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful wife and now I am off to troll your archives for the recipes. Triple chocolate calls!

denis said...

Happy Birthday Maude!!!

Most people just get a birthday cake but you get a birthday cake AND cookies. Lucky gal! Enjoy!

Michèle Hastings said...

Happy Birthday Maude! Enjoy your sweet treats :o)

Elizabeth Grimes said...

What a good husband you are! She is very lucky. Looks delicious! :)

Lori Buff said...

It looks like you made her birthday wonderful.

Mrs. G. said...

Happy Birthday to your sweetie!

Capital M said...

Thank you everyone. And he's right! I am seeing this on Friday evening. Before this I was reading on the sofa next to the cat.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.