Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, March 18, 2012

eating GREEN food

I guess we could have put green food dye in the morning oatmeal? Eaten pistachios??? Kiwis???? How about GUAC???? Guac is the PERFECT green food, especially when you have discovered Sam Adams Irish red beer (OH JOY! this beer reviewer gives it an A+, the wife gives it an A+, and my guac full of lime? What is HIGHER than an A+??? Eleven. My guac goes to 11.....)
It was our first picnic of the year in our back yard. I think we eat all of our dinners outside in nice weather. It is always fun on March 1 to say, in the middle of a snowstorm, full of hope "well, next month its April and surely we will have a picnic!". This year, of course, it is so darn WARM EVERY day, nothing is keeping us from picnicing in the back yard.....
I rolled out of bed yesterday and put on all this green clothing and the wife was like "ready for St Pats are ya???" and I was like "OH! Forgot! But I guess I am !!!!"



We were lucky to be able to go party down at Maggie and Katie's again. Well, we were lucky to see them but most especially their sweet doggy Maxwell.....




6 comments:

smartcat said...

OOPS! Forgot it was St. Patrick's day.

Love all the bread you made. What kind of yeast bread?

Yum! Wish it were possible to trade loaves via our blogs!

cookingwithgas said...

you have been busy, as usual! Eating outside is such a treat.
We have been having these absolutely divine days in NC- been keeping my eyes out for your friends that will be out soon-snakes!

cm said...

We were able to have our first picnic last weekend. It was a little windy, though.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Snakes! We just had 2 in our garage on the way out to the curb for recycling! Green food is good! Cute dogs and warm spring days, even better!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I adore all the green....as in food and clothes!!!!
Picnics are the best....enjoy every single one. ;)

Reverend Awesome said...

There's your rock! What a cool place to chill in the yard.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.