Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Buster, one more time...

You will remember that our old dog Buster passed away in February, aged about 13. He had a great life up to his last day for sure, an absolute sweet dog. I also told you that he was the inspiration in 1999 to start putting dogs (and later other animals) onto pots, because of the photo below showing him in his playpen--why not make a dog hanging over the edge of a bowl or cup etc? I made this teaset this week in memory of Buster.

(teaset by Gary Rith, Buster as a puppy and last month)


You probably need a few nice bowls and such, like a new pig bowl or elephant bowl or SHARK bowl, for sale now, at my online gallery.....shark bowlanother shark bowlwhen pigs fly balloons bowlelephant with balloons serving bowl

5 comments:

BSOB said...

Very cute pup!

Summer said...

I came to see this post twice today and got teary-eyed both times. Beautiful set, beautiful pictures.

Busy Bee Suz said...

awwwwww Sweet Buster. He would be proud of your good work Gary!

JB said...

I salted my sandwich with tears whilst reading this post. I love the teal glaze and it got me thinking, do you mix and blend your own glaze recipies or do you purchase prepared glazes. I really like the yellow one you seem to use a bit, and your light blue glaze looks a lot like our Hyacinth blue. I noticed some very cool surf like foam with your shark pots the other day. How did you do that?

Reverend Awesome said...

Perfect way to honor your little buddy.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.