WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, June 3, 2016
snow boarding in June….
You hear of my dreams here a lot. Because I roll out of bed and write the blog, and the dreams are quite vivid. 2 dream themes I have regularly are 1) the pressure of finishing all my work to graduate college and 2) things had gotten very weird with our neighbors at our last house in New Hampshire, and my dreams put me back there reimagining the future, if we had stayed….(we moved ten years ago).
In January I had glaucoma surgery on my eyes and they don't use anesthetic and it certainly isn't as bad as a dose of chemo or having your wisdom teeth out, but it is painful, and it is fu!king SCARY. Nurse holds your head into a machine, the doctor pushes painful instruments into your eye (no anesthesia, remember!) and then burns 100 holes into your iris…. so, it could be more painful, but it is not like they are doing this to your finger and you can look away, this is all coming AT YOU and into your eye. So, just like the video of snakes dropping from a ceiling (warning, i put that link there but was too chicken to look at it!) that they say will give you nightmares, I wondered if eye surgery would haunt my dreams, and last night I had one for the first time. I wish I could erase it from my memory, like they manage to do with fun drugs and your colonscopy, but no……I also dreamt I was gonna try snowboarding. I never have. In my waking life, I am AFRAID. In my dreams, well then!
In other news, I am tweaking the design for my dragon mugs once again, looks sharp, eh? And I was sculpting a wall piece, pig and cow having tea, and thought it was cute, laid out like this, in process….have a great Friday!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- beauty and the beast...
- dragons coming out of my ears….
- carved and turquisey….
- day of the pigs...
- some pretty odds and ends...
- dogs and cats at mealtime...
- here is a cute frog cup and saucer for all of us d...
- speaking of T-Rex...
- carving a pot, the before and after ...
- polka dots and larceny...
- T-rex and bowling pins…..
- where are all the frogs and dogs?
- the roses….
- elephants and tea parties = a natural fit!
- do pigs host tea parties?
- ocean blue….
- dragons AGAIN...
- dinosaur bank
- Yogi at the dog park….
- it is all just a little freaky...
- some tasty odds and ends...
- a rose is a rose by any other name….
- dragon mug and dumping bicycles….
- making curry tacos with cats…vegan, gluten-free, F...
- because making the same dang thing over and over i...
- pitcher: not for baseball, not picture….
- snow boarding in June….
- mac and cheese or little zones of awesomeness
- calzones and yogurt...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)