Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, December 24, 2014
"nobody gets married on Christmas eve!"
So we were told many many years ago.... but we did. We had known each other 3 years while we each were with other people before those relationships broke up and then in one fast year the wife and I had a first date and got married a few months later...people said it was a rebound relationship, what a REBOUND!
It occurs to me that making jam represents us well. Mustache Man economics describes a life on a dime, which I would summarize as "the things we do just don't happen to cost money, but they are rich and rewarding experiences" and many of them we do together.
My parents delivered a boatload of pears and apples Friday. The wife and I love to make jam together, we chop, we stir, I always ladle the hot jam into jars, she cleans and closes them.
THAT is how we spent Sunday afternoon, making jars of apple cranberry and pear spice jam, which is SO delicious.
To the wife: there's a whole lotta jam under the bridge, thanks for all those years, looking forward to sharing a lot more PB and j's in the future!
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:48 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- this is the end....
- Cuba LIBRE! VIVA la plantains!
- mugshot Monday.....and MORE!
- rock monsters....
- Kiko and Puffy
- post-Christmas Blues....
- so this is Christmas.....
- "nobody gets married on Christmas eve!"
- the big followup...
- going EAST....
- out the car window....
- when EVERYbody comes to visit...
- 9 cats and dogs!
- thinking about a new year and new work....
- getting...to the end?
- preppie mating symbol....
- Score! The lucky wagon joins the lucky blue table...
- last day....
- chocolate covered golden doodle...
- forget the pots, IT'S SNOWY!
- not exactly Buffalo, but STILL up to a foot.....
- have a ...GODZILLA Christmas....
- gluten-free vegan veggie burger!
- avocado lemon...
- little bundle of joy...
- giant robotic hazmat suit....
- Shakespeare and curry burritos!
- badass little dragon teapot ...
- Nook and Abu!
- apprentice for a day....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Happy Anniversay!! Y'all are adorable!
Awe you two are so sweet together. Happy Anniversary!
Amen, it's the QUALITY, never the quantity.
Happy Anniversary to you both--a great example of true love!
How wonderful! I love that quote --it is so true. And doing things with someone you love is the best way to spend time. Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary and Christmas Eve! It's great to have you share your loving relationship here. (from another Barb)
Post a Comment