Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, March 1, 2013
CHOCOLATE BREAD: version 2.0
SO, like I was saying, the wife expressed interest in chocolate bread with chocolate chips and I was into trying that...attempt one was a tasty non-sweet yeast bread posted here yesterday. TODAY we go with MOIST and SWEET and FUDGY....
I love this recipe yumyumyumYUM! So rich, not vegan with the eggs (but I bake with eggs from time to time) and learned a lot from it. It adds apple sauce, for example. It is, as I have said, the wife's birthday this week and so I decorated with...hearts!
Two notes: my pal Knight mentions this is a popular cafe snack, and this recipe is even more rich than I am using here (hard to believe!) but does not have chocolate chips (oh no!) but it reminds me that basically we are talking about chocolate pound cake here. I have a terrific vegan pound cake recipe I make with soy etc. rather than eggs etc....no reason I could not make that with chocolate, right?
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 6:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- have a peaceful Easter....
- ZEN VS BAROQUE: musings on MY WORK!
- dog day afternoon OR going to the dogs....
- Yogi and Fargo...
- Time Warp Tuesday: You want TIES with that?
- Gary explains MEN AND women and some persnickity d...
- you do kinda wonder who these midnight spammers ar...
- therapy dog EXPLAINED
- here in my car....
- you will be forgiven if....
- the last day of.....
- Time warp Tuesday: DEATH of an old friend....
- green Chinese food for St Pat's....
- KISS ME, I'm.....
- people are strange...
- you would KILL for my apple scones...
- "I don't do anything, I just follow my dog around"
- messing with UNICORNS, GNOMES and dragons...
- Time warp Tuesday: Downtown Bunny!
- joyyyyy to the world.....
- how do you make a great cup of JOE?
- "let me kiss your pineapple!"
- annual Irish soda bread post...
- being childish....
- not exactly spooky...but nearly!
- Time Warp Tuesday: manly yes, but I like it too....
- comments please: your most utterly favorite movie!
- life is better with calzones....
- why do I make anything else?
- CHOCOLATE BREAD: version 2.0
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
yep, pound cake sounds more like it. I like pound cake.
Looks totally delicious! Your wife is one lucky gal. If I want cake (or bread, or anything really), for my birthday, I have to bake it myself. Boo hoo. <---says the spoiled, stay-at-home mom, whose husband would do anything (but bake) for her. ;) Happy Friday and happy birthday to your lovely wife!
Sweet in thought and deed.
Is it Spike's birthday too? He seems to think so.
The hearts are so sweet. She's going to love that bread. Give Maude wishes for a happy birthday from me.
This version sounds better than a yeast bread. Sort of like a giant chocolate chip brownie loaf.
That's the most romantic bread I've ever seen.
That looks delicious!
Mmmmm Vegan Pound cake!
YUM! I've made chocolate banana bread but I love the idea of just going all out chocolate with chocolate chips. Happy birthday to your lovely wife!
PS. the teapot in your header made me laugh out loud. :)
oh, YUM!! Perhaps even that shark on the teapot would prefer a bit of chocolate pound cake? ;)
That looks amazing....It might be that time in the day, but I swear I could smell it!!! YUM!
Post a Comment