First: the wife was laughing at yesterday's post so much she was CRYING. It was, as you will recall, about HER, and had to do with peanut butter and...well, go down and have a look!
You know Jen runs Time Warp Tuesday, right? A chance to look back at your old photos?
I was talking with Adam last week and he mentions tie clips. "You don't use tie clips much in your business" and I am like
"I used to teach at a prep school. It was jacket and tie ALL THE TIME even for teaching pottery". I taught English skills, coached cross country and track and ran the yearbook, lived in the dorm and tried to keep teens from ____ and yes, taught pottery. This was in the 90s before cell phones or computers everywhere, a good thing to try, but a lot of work even if it was charming like living in DEAD POETS SOCIETY. This is from two different yearbooks, I am the dude in the 'stache:
In other news, we had the Chinese noodle dish I talked about last week AGAIN....3 times in one week! I made it with coconut rice yesterday. Do you know coconut rice? SO easy so awesome!
--Cook 1.5 cups of rice as you normally would, except use a 14-15 oz can or coconut milk + add a 1/4 cup of water instead of just water. That is it!
You can top it with toasted coconut, mix it in, whatever. What I did instead of the toasted coconut was as it boils and simmers I diced and added one cup broccoli and a bell pepper and some curry powder.
It is SO thick and tasty, a great compliment to noodles!
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- have a peaceful Easter....
- ZEN VS BAROQUE: musings on MY WORK!
- dog day afternoon OR going to the dogs....
- Yogi and Fargo...
- Time Warp Tuesday: You want TIES with that?
- Gary explains MEN AND women and some persnickity d...
- you do kinda wonder who these midnight spammers ar...
- therapy dog EXPLAINED
- here in my car....
- you will be forgiven if....
- the last day of.....
- Time warp Tuesday: DEATH of an old friend....
- green Chinese food for St Pat's....
- KISS ME, I'm.....
- people are strange...
- you would KILL for my apple scones...
- "I don't do anything, I just follow my dog around"
- messing with UNICORNS, GNOMES and dragons...
- Time warp Tuesday: Downtown Bunny!
- joyyyyy to the world.....
- how do you make a great cup of JOE?
- "let me kiss your pineapple!"
- annual Irish soda bread post...
- being childish....
- not exactly spooky...but nearly!
- Time Warp Tuesday: manly yes, but I like it too....
- comments please: your most utterly favorite movie!
- life is better with calzones....
- why do I make anything else?
- CHOCOLATE BREAD: version 2.0
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Cocoanut rice sounds just awesome. Love the yearbook photos. No more ties for you huh? They seem so restricting; choking. Dead poets society.....I remember that movie!
so making that rice tonight, sounds amazing!
Boy, that place sure got a lot of work out of you!!!
I can't imagine NOT clipping back a tie if you had to wear one while teaching!
I do hope we'll be reading more about that part of your life--sound pretty interesting.
Coconut rice sounds amazingly good!
Gary in a tie and dress shirt... so different from now! (But does Maude miss those days at all?)
Wow - memories AND reipes - sound like a new weekly post!
I don't like coconut in most things but DO like coconut milk... but alas, Jeff does not. My favorite rice is with coconut milk and lemongrass... yum.
Yum to the rice!
Dead Poets Society. I could see it.
Post a Comment