I mentioned to you last week, I had seen an ewer in the paper...pretty thing! So I thought I would try to make some...ewer being a pouring bottle for soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, that sort of thing. Here is the tasty fired result, I added corks to the top. Thanks for looking! Happy Saturday!
(pottery by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- have a peaceful Easter....
- ZEN VS BAROQUE: musings on MY WORK!
- dog day afternoon OR going to the dogs....
- Yogi and Fargo...
- Time Warp Tuesday: You want TIES with that?
- Gary explains MEN AND women and some persnickity d...
- you do kinda wonder who these midnight spammers ar...
- therapy dog EXPLAINED
- here in my car....
- you will be forgiven if....
- the last day of.....
- Time warp Tuesday: DEATH of an old friend....
- green Chinese food for St Pat's....
- KISS ME, I'm.....
- people are strange...
- you would KILL for my apple scones...
- "I don't do anything, I just follow my dog around"
- messing with UNICORNS, GNOMES and dragons...
- Time warp Tuesday: Downtown Bunny!
- joyyyyy to the world.....
- how do you make a great cup of JOE?
- "let me kiss your pineapple!"
- annual Irish soda bread post...
- being childish....
- not exactly spooky...but nearly!
- Time Warp Tuesday: manly yes, but I like it too....
- comments please: your most utterly favorite movie!
- life is better with calzones....
- why do I make anything else?
- CHOCOLATE BREAD: version 2.0
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Hope they pour as good as they look! Well done!
Excellent! I'm drawn to the one on the left. Just out of curiosity, how much do they hold?
The one on the left is super cool, eh? It was the 2nd one I made :) Holds? Mmmm, prob. about 12 OZ. They are not terribly big. The one in the newsp. clipping is probably QUITE big and would have been maybe good for a lot of wine or something.
nice forms and glazes! As much work as a teapot apart from the lid..
Ewer. That's just a funny word to me. But they look so pretty.
Great work,Gary--You must have a good idea about making these items with all the cooking and baking you do. I enjoyed GG's comment about the word ewer....there's also the word "cruet" which denotes another pouring vessel. Run those two words together for a while and I bet there's some comedy there....
Post a Comment