WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
so this is Christmas....
What a nice photo of the wife to celebrate our 20th anniversary, eh? Lady looks magnificent doesn't she? She is even nicer than she looks too :)
Yep, we had a great anniversary indeed.
I am a Quaker as you may know, and we might say "no day is more sacred than another" (HAHAHA!) and there is minimum fuss amongst Quakers on Christmas, officially. (the wife and I party hearty...for a lot of reasons! Not just the birthday of baby Jesus, but our own, you know, special day too)
BUT ANYWAY I thought that a humble way to spend Christmas, and since NObody else wanted to do it, would be to clean the Quaker meetinghouse. My pal Nancy joined. We have no clergy and no staff and members rotate around who gets to clean, and I am part of a small group that keeps the place scrubbed.
I usually try to be busily vacuuming something when it comes time to clean the 3 public bathrooms thereby tricking my partner into having to do it, but I was in a generous mood and jumped in and did them first ;)
(trying to earn bonus points with SANTA was I??? AND God and the baby Jesus, hmm????)
Outside the meeting,
inside the meeting
Potters always joke that thrill of opening a just fired kiln is like Christmas morning....and I had a just fired kiln to open on Christmas morning!
My best pal Lori Buff sent me a surprise mug for Christmas...exquisite!
The wife and I made tortillas for guac and sweet potato burritos OH MY...also a pumpkin pie for Christmas morning breakfast...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hope you have a Merry one :)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- you were probably DYING to know my year end best O...
- a reason to be PIGGY!
- HOLY SH!T pottery!
- snow up to my ears!
- coming out of the closet: an intimate look...
- I was under a LOT of Christmas trees yesterday....
- so this is Christmas....
- It was 20 years ago today...
- speaking of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree....
- in which it gets a wee bit CHRITMASSY....
- YOGI = the internet sensation!
- speaking of crazy cat ladies....
- in the Nook of time....
- time warp Tuesday...nearly 30 years ago!
- someone has taken my chair...and other things....
- Nook has a message and Spike is a devil cat...
- "roast cat"
- puppies pigs and Penny!
- Don't p!ss on Santa!
- in which Penny leads me around on ADVENTURES...
- Time warp Tuesday ahoy!
- intergalactic, planetary....
- cuteness abounds....
- what is EVERY CAT'S dream?
- Christmas and HEARTS!
- Yogi the immensely awesome pup :)
- PUPPIES and BABIES!
- Time warp Tuesday and my new nephew Yogi....
- that which is delightful and fun can also be behin...
- ▼ December (30)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)