Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Busted!




Potters with electric kilns may look at these pictures and wonder how my kiln could work with such a defective and worn out kiln sitter…yes, it was pretty decrepit, but worked OK, although I kept witness cones inside to watch and make sure I was getting where the kiln needed to go…

ANYWAY, it was time.  I am always scared of doing these sorts of repairs, but I have done so many of them successfully and I have the original repair manuals.  This wasn't too bad, just a little messy, and you can see in one of these photos the shiny new replacement tube looks so tidy and fresh, you figure the kiln is good as new, for years to come…. :) Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

smartcat said...

Good repairs! And......many happy firings to come!

Barbara Rogers said...

Keep on cooking those pots!

Michèle Hastings said...

Your kiln and sitter look similar to mine. Jeff has had it dismantled many times. When your a potter you have to know a little about everything!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.