Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, July 9, 2016

July fest…..





Left the house Friday at 5am to begin the setup at July fest in Binghamton, NY.  It was a pretty thrilling day, and the promised rain showers showed up only a few minutes before the end of day which was good timing :)  I know so many people related to this show after 7 years--you wonder how 12 months could have disappeared and here you are with the same customers, the same artists, it is fun!

In 2003 the wife and I developed an acquaintance with another blogger, an illustrator, who lived in Pennsylvania.  We moved from NH to NY and became Facebook friends and have been in touch 13 years…and yesterday I turned around and there were THOSE eyes, that face I had seen in a thousand photos.  I met Sunny K in the flesh for the first time ever, after 13 years and it was a thrill…. that has happened a lot over the years, so many nice people met on the web who make the effort to meet face to face.  I wish we all lived in the same actual town! But yesterday was very special indeed….

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Your booth looks great. Wishing you terrific sales.
So fun to meet internet friends in person. Someday we shall meet!

JB said...

Your stall looks great! Have a great time.

Lori Buff said...

Good looking booth. I hope your sales have been awesome and that you have a wonderful time. Doing festivals is a lot of work and a lot of fun.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.