WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Gluten-free poppyseed cake, Briar and flying pigs...
I remember visiting Chicago's Museum of Contemporary Art 25+ years ago (back when it was a cute little place) and they had this great little coffee shop with lemon poppyseed cake...I liked it so much I went home and baked some, from, I think, the original Moosewood Cookbook. All butter and cream and eggs, right? With lemon and poppyseeds for flavor!
Going gluten-free is pretty easy once you learn the ropes. I tinkered a bit and LOOOOVE this lemon poppyseed cake--it actually is quite healthy without all the butter and such, and OH so yummy, and then the house smells like lemons :) ***
In other news, Meesh is like "my friends have Briar the Jack Russell, can you try to make him on a mug?" and OF COURSE I can try.....lately a lot of people have asked me to make their dog. I can try something similar, (unless it is a beagle, where I am EXPERT).
FINALLY, these pigs! I had no idea they would be so popular. I keep wanting one for myself and people keep buying them...maybe I can keep this one.... HAVE a great Wednesday!
Gary's Gluten-free poppyseed cake
1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 TBS sugar
2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1/3 cup poppyseeds
zest of one medium-large lemon
juice from one lemon
2 beaten eggs
2/3 cup yogurt (I use soy)
1/2 cup milk (I use soy)
1/4 cooking oil like canola
-Grease a 9" circular pan or an 8 x 8" brownie pan, preheat to 350
-Stir dry ingredients in large bowl
-Beat the eggs in bowl 2, stir in the rest of the wet
-Pour wet into the dry, stir well
-Pour batter into baking pan, bake 38-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
-Cool on a wire rack a while, then slice!
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- when hummus goes to TOWN....
- gluten-free apple scones and other such delights....
- Gluten-free poppyseed cake, Briar and flying pigs...
- funky punky monkey junk....
- even men would KILL for dreamy footwear.....
- SPAGHETTI PIE: do it 4 times this week...
- you're jealous, I know....
- What do I have to be ashamed of????
- in case you were wondering what I was doing....
- the CONE OF SHAME....
- pepper art...
- tidal waves, a crazy night of dreams and Jack Russ...
- murder and mayhem....
- Yogi goes downtown...
- MUGS and MERCY!
- holy CATS you REALLY must see this :)
- Godzilla, corgis, empathy and sympathy!
- so that was open studio ONE
- things you didn't know about YELLOW PIGS
- THAT DOG...and these pots....
- the GOOD life....
- don't forget: open studio weekend!
- when Yogi met Soupy...
- a random mix of beautiful things....
- Snowbird's Cottage....
- Venus on the half shell....
- entertaining myself
- "GULL, not seagull..."
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)