WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, November 7, 2010
When you visit Cooperstown, as we have done 4 times in the last few months, you are thinking "except for the millions of tourists and maybe a little too much baseball crap, this is probably the PRETTIEST TOWN in the United States." In the middle of all these big hills with this big pretty lake and the nicest houses and buildings, beautifully kept up. Just wonderful. About 100 long hilly miles from home, 2+ hour drive each way.
Cooperstown seems to like me. In August I was asked to be in the NY state vessel invitational at the Cooperstown Art Association, then they asked me to join their Christmas thing, which is why we were there yesterday with 42 pots, and I got a message Friday from a Cooperstown store asking if I would show there in the future, and I was like HECK YEAH and "we can stop in, glad to you contacted us BEFORE we visited and not next week". Nice coincidence. As the wife says, knowingly, "there is MONEY in Cooperstown" which is where you want your pots to be....
So, you know, we drive over with the cute little beagle, deliver the pots, go to a meeting at this new potential store...and find this Swedish bear in the gutter....it was pretty wet and dirty, laundered now and clean smelling, drying over the heater.....
(below, the wife in front of the baseball museum with Penny and the bear)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- Georges Le Soq: Two timing it with DIRTY GIRL? Or...
- kicking A$$ on cyber Monday!
- Cornell sale this week!
- "Back off man, I'm a scientist"
- glorious Thanksgiving recap, part one
- black FRIDAY
- "you're a blogger, not a logger"
- 2 of the most gorgeous vases you have ever seen in...
- le zebras!
- OUR ghost
- rough love.....
- supermodel, c'est MOI
- Hermione and ME
- BIKINIS and COVERT OPS with Georges Le Soq
- the occaisional post about pottery....
- when bloggers are busy are their posts boring?
- only a blogger goes into the bathroom with a camera
- my tombstone
- interview with a sock monkey part 3: partying wit...
- follow your bliss....
- BIZARRE love triangle....
- Post of the week?
- love and death....
- Sad Keanoo, Georges Le Soq and me....
- starring Charlie Sheen: interview with a sock monk...
- le cows :)
- rock and roll hootchie coo....
- interview with a sock monkey.....part one in an on...
- pitchers of puppy dogs
- misdirection 2010
- elephants on parade...
- Halloween with a psycho sock monkey.....
- ▼ November (35)