Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, February 13, 2014

what's black and white and red all over...?


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

A skunk in a blender! My goodness those sorts of jokes were popular in third grade....I was just noticing there is a LOT of red and black in this post...or red and blue....

SO, like a broken record, I keep telling you:  I am making a longggg series of pots lately with FAT shapes and loops of glaze under....mmmm, luscious!

And really, can you ever have enough selfies?  A friend in Pennsylvania tells me yesterday that their boss is moving HERE and needs advice, vis a vis neighborhoods and apartments, which I provide.  BUT then I say to friend "you can tell them I am COOL...and they are welcome to friend me on FB or whatever"....and realize that if I am gonna SAY I am cool, I need the new cool cat selfie ....with the cat... for the profile pic....

6 comments:

smartcat said...

Aloysius says, "My cousin is so handsome and famous! Oh meow, the guy in the glasses looks pretty good too!"

Is it snowing at your house? More coming here!

Barbara Rogers said...

You are def the cool cat. Red pots are lovely, but different red from your shirt. What kind of red are they?

Anonymous said...

You are COOL. And so are the classic jokes.

smalltownme said...

Only the coolest cats have cat selfies and I speak from experience! And it is tough to get both oneself and the cat both looking ones best in the same shot! Good job!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That joke is gross! :)
Love the selfie…..still digging your spectacles!

Summer said...

Oh I love these guys. Beautiful color combo.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.