Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, February 22, 2014

breakfast with the computer


(working dollhouse teaset by Gary Rith)

The wife would be appalled.
She teaches computer classes.
Rule one:  no food with the computers!
Her husband is a slob, and wrote a haiku just now that sums it up:

Cleaning crumbs off of
The laptop, peanut butter
And jam on the keys....

That is the best haiku I have EVER written...like they say, write what you know!

Alright, I mentioned the other day a young visitor got me making dollhouse pieces again and this just came outta the kiln.  It was funny, in these days of blasting heat vents, I made the tiny little pieces after breakfast and before lunch it was all pretty dry and so I finished them...from clay to finished items by midday!  That is quick for pottery.

You hear me this year blabbing about swirlies all over, but I am also working out how to use this fine celadon glaze I have going...like yesterday's post talked about!





Finally, the wife and I were lovin' Dire Straits yesterday and got to talking about I LOVE MY MTV...not my favorite of theirs, but along with Prince's PURPLE RAIN, Rolling Stones' SOME GIRLS and Talking Heads REMAIN IN LIGHT, Dire Straits' MAKING MOVIES is one of my absolute favorite albums, EVER ever ever....


But this was big for them, a year or 2 later....

7 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Skate away, is my all time fave from Dire Straits. JZ's guitar playing style was very Mark Knopfler.

and the wife is right, electronics and food don't mix well. I have learned the hard way :/

smalltownme said...

My husband has his breakfast at the computer so I am always cleaning up spilt milk.

I love the wee tea set.

JB said...

I just love those little tea pots. Fond memories of tea sets from my childhood!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Tiny tea set is very sweet. My husband eats his breakfast and lunch at the desktop on a regular basis.
I am guilty of eating my lunch at work at the computer -- mostly because I don't take a real lunch break -- but at least it's not soup!

smartcat said...

Love those tine tea sets!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

The tiny tea set is sooooooo cool! Love Dire Straits too...Mark Knopfler is one of my favorite musicians.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Mini tea sets; just adorable!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.