Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, February 27, 2014

wait, since when does Godzilla have ears...




You will recall my ABSOLUTE fondness for Godzilla....I see that there might be a new Godzilla movie and I am unmoved.  I interested in the JUNKY SCI-FI Godzilla of my youth, the one I saw on the Saturday afternoon Creature Feature! And I am not really a dragon fan....but this book cover shows a favorite book of my childhood, I must say, that Wyeth really captivated me!

Anyway, the wife tells me "you make those monsters really big on your pieces" and it is true, and I endeavor to make a smaller one...but, well, they DO begin to take over....


(new teapot by Gary Rith)

6 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, the question is, more like how did they get Raymond Burr back, or is he now a, what are they called? The most popular thing since werewolves...zombie?

bartster said...

You wonder how seriously the producers of Godzilla (back in the day) took themselves and the project. Maybe that's part of the humor if they took themselves too seriously and weren't quite able to pull off their ideas.

Michèle Hastings said...

Godzilla has to be big on your pots... because he IS big!

Lori Buff said...

Godzilla was big and trying to take over so it just seems right.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like it!
My tribe is a fan of those goofy old Godzilla movies, we have tons of them--Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, Godzilla vs. Gigan, Godzilla vs. Mothra, Destroy All Monsters.
They might drink tea if it came out of a Godzilla pot.

Kimberly said...

Wow.. I really like your cute little dragon chowing on the car. I think dragons wheather it be spawned from atom bombs or in swamps...they are greatly misunderstood.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.