Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, February 10, 2014

meanwhile, back at the ranch

Some of you will remember my parents have a small farm near Ithaca.  It is in the middle of a state forest, so basically what they have, added to that, amounts to thousands of acres of meadows, trees, old apple orchards, pond and river, huge hills and glens and gorges. You may recall me picking apples off the old trees there last September, but they don't farm anything, except 33 acres of hay for another farmer's bedding in the barn. But there had been cows and the orchard was once young, still a very nice barn which my father uses as a painting studio.

And a tractor.  They have a tractor.  I havn't been on it in awhile, and they found this picture somewhere of 7-8 years ago:  before I needed glasses, before we had Penny and when we had Buster and Jack our black labs... have a great Monday!


4 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Oh yeah, I can totally see you playing on a tractor.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Thanks Cheri, they are still there, unwilling to do anything but keep enjoying it :)

Anonymous said...

Marvelous sounding place to live!

bartster said...

Amazing how different life can be only a few years later. Looks like a beautiful spot for a painter looking for inspiration (and potters too).

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.