Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, February 8, 2014

tall fruity drinks by the poolside...



A few winters ago the wife was out of town and I celebrated by getting a box of 5 raspberries for five dollars (not exactly, but fresh California raspberries in New York in winter are worth more than gold ingots).  There are so few glorious raspberries you count them out:  5 for the wife's yogurt, five for my porridge, later 2 for a snack...and so on.  They grow WILD all around our yard in summer, thousands for free, but there aren't too many blooming here now.  Anyway, you can tell I love them and keep the California agricultural economy going...
OK, so one discovery a few winters ago was the RATINI.  Toss raspberries in your martini instead of olives, pierce them slightly with a fork, forget the vermouth.  OK, really, just some vodka and some raspberries!  And sure, the drink is good, but the raspberries AFTER???!!!!!!!!
 Spike approved.....
more on that bowl there tomorrow.....

In other news, Yogi came over as you can see, so nobody was bored for awhile...



4 comments:

Hilary said...

Absolut Raspberry vodka, some real cranberry juice and as many raspberries as you like, maybe a bit of mint and a slice of lime. One of my favourite summer drinks.

Michèle Hastings said...

Yep, I am ready for cocktail hour!

Gardeningbren said...

I imagine the raspberries WERE delicious.

I made cucumber vodka in the summer following a link on Storey books. It was wonderful but the remaining shredded cucumber..bliss. So ya know..just meaning...I might try raspberry vodka next year)) Thanks.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I just hope Spike isn't driving. :)
Yogi in action….wow, look at the hair flying!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.