Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, February 20, 2014

maybe not spring yet....but thrilling signs of...!

 I feel pretty dang lucky most of the time.  It has been impossibly COLD and snowy all winter.  OK, maybe average  for Ithaca, but Ithaca averages a lot of snow and cold.  Manitoba is NORTH of North Dakota, and a whole LOT worse, but I don't live there, do I?  So this seems bad enough...since Thanksgiving when we had our first blizzard!  But yesterday?

SIGNS OF HOPE!  A little sun, 42 degrees, I saw a flock of DOZENS of robins!  They were skinny and trying hard to poke for food at a little thawed patch of mud.

Other signs of an awakening:  I am not lazy at all, but it is always nice when a gallery or shop you like approaches YOU, ditto a good show.  You love to be loved in this business, and in the last 2 days both an awesome shoppe and also an awesome show both came to me, yesssssss...nice start to the retail season :)

Speaking of which, buy some of my stuff, MOTHER'S DAY is coming!!!!!! New items at my etsy shoppe now!piggy mugelephants on a cupblue teapot with a dog

5 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

you are off to a great start for 2014, congrats!

~ Sil in Corea said...

This may be your best year yet! I've got my fingers crossed for you. :-)

Lori Buff said...

Sounds like a nice day all around. I think you're one of the last people I would call lazy.

bartster said...

Live from Manitoba....We're actually above zero. Every time that happens, it snows! After the snow, ripping winds, temps plunge below zero F, C and anybody else's measurement.

Right now, post snow pre wind...it's a bit of a break. I'll keep sipping coffee from my beagle mug by Gary!

smalltownme said...

Robins! How lovely!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.