Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Time warp Tuesdays!

Jen got this excellent idea going, and I am jumping in and so is Limbic and another Jen.  What game are we playing?  Jen has named it TIME WARP TUESDAYS!  A chance every Tuesday to post and explain some old picture ..... which is an absolutely FUN idea is it not????

My desk is, until I clean it New Years, a place of mess and piles.  It is cleaned and sorted once a year!  I found this pic on the desk the other day and I have no idea how it got here.  It probably fell out of a book and was set on the desk so that one day.... ?  I love it so much I KEEP it on the desk.

It shows our dog Buster on the far right in his first year ( he grew fast!) and you will recall he just passed this winter, aged about 13.  This pic is from about the year 2000, with our old dog Petey on the left (he passed just after we moved into this house in 2006, he wanted to see us settled, aged about 19) and then our other lab there, Jack, in front, 2 years older than Buster, who lived for his ball.  The wife is there, of course and this is part of our yard in New Hampshire where we lived nearly forever, in the woods, before the drunken meth dealers up the street got too intolerable****...but it was a beautiful and wonderful house and place, and look at the wife's smile here with our old buddies....

The wife gets home yesterday as the bread and scones come out of the oven and I am like
"I KNOW how to bake, don't I???? Mmmmm hmmmm :)"


You may need an elephant cup or something else excellent like that...available now at my etsy shoppe!
another amazing elephant cup


since everybody keeps asking and some of you know part of this story about our neighbors the meth dealers:  meth dealers: 3 years of drag racing on our road, death threats made by them at us, blood thrown in our driveway as a threat, a long parade of dirtbag visitors to their place, at least one fire at their house, many calls and reports to the police from us, only one arrest that we ever knew of, at least one editorial in the paper asking the town to do something about these dirtbags, we sold our place quietly, WITHOUT a for sale sign and claimed we had moved to Florida and I was UNsurprised to learn that the leader of that gang died an early death a couple of years after we moved away....a result of his lifestyle choices and perhaps of the voodoo doll I made of him and buried under the rock in the picture behind the wife (ALL TRUE!)

10 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Great picture and great equally great mug. They should sell like crazy.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love that photo--and I really want to hear more about the crazy meth dealers!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love that photo--and I really want to hear more about the crazy meth dealers!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love the smiling face and the pups too!
Meth dealers??? What???

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes to old photos...now you've started something on Tues! But inquiring minds do want more of the stories about living in the woods with meth dealer neighbors. It does happen around here too.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

What a great picture! Love seeing the wife and assorted cool dogs. And, to quote you, HOLY CATS! Bread AND scones??? You are a baking machine!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

meth dealers: 3 years of drag racing on our road, death threats made by them at us, blood thrown in our driveway as a threat, a long parade of dirtbag visitors to their place, at least one fire at their house, many calls and reports to the police from us, only one arrest that we ever knew of, at least one editorial in the paper asking the town to do something about these dirtbags, we sold our place quietly, WITHOUT a for sale sign and claimed we had moved to Florida and I was UNsurprised to learn that the leader of that gang died an early death a couple of years after we moved away....a result of his lifestyle choices and perhaps of the voodoo doll I made of him and buried under the rock in the picture behind the wife (ALL TRUE!)

Jen said...

Hi Gary, nice to meet you. My post is finally up. We moved after our druggie neighbors actually broke into our house, so I can relate! Plus, my poor husband was planning the early demise of the other neighbor's incessant barking dog, so it was time to go.

Oh, and my husband and I are both artists (him, practicing, me not), so the fact that you clean your desk once a year made me smile.

Susan said...

Love your photo and heading to Etsy NOW!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Aw, I remember Buster (of course) and Jack, too! Petey was a little before my time, but I know you loved him, too.

Those scones look incredible!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.