Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Madonna and child, Michelangelo and ME


(new sculpture by Gary Rith)

Many of you know I like to make mama and baby sculptures, for reasons that I cannot explain, except that I MAKE THEM VERY WELL and cutely!  here are some of mine.... (btw:  if you google image beagle mama and puppies one of my sculptures pops up near the top! Wow, now there is success! many of you also know, and that down there is not a pic of my Penny, but when we got Penny from the shelter she had just had puppies...somewhere, nobody knows how, when or where!  Oh how I hope they were OK and loved!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cookingwithgas said...

sorry- that was me and I was signed in wrong- I said sweet and baby Alex- so cute!

Barbara Rogers said...

Those pig babies are so tiny! And puppies are lovely. What about kitties? I do love mamas and babies...who doesn't?

Lori Buff said...

I've been watching a friends puppies grow on Facebook, is there anything cuter?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you like to do them because all creatures look calm and loving surrounded by their babies.

ALBUG

Gary's third pottery blog said...

get this: our neighbor Katie had a baby girl Sunday! a xerox copy of her awesome 20 MO :)

Joyful Things said...

Animal babies are too cute for their own good!. I think that is why the shelters are filled with abandoned and discarded older animals. Like humans they develop their own personalities and quirks, outgrow their cuteness, and require a lot of attention and I don't think everyone thinks this far ahead when they take in a kitten or puppy. I vote that there is a rule that puppies and kittens can only be adopted when they are 8 months old and pee in your plant pots and eat your shoes! And that every breeder be required to donate $1000.00 per litter to their local SPCA.
Okay, my rant is finished.
Congrats to Katie!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Piglets! Piglets!!! My neighbor showed up at my back patio door the other night with the cutest baby orange and white kitten. SO tempting to the crazy cat lady here but I managed to resist. Maybe Jim standing there saying, "No. NO. No. NO. No." had something to do with that.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.