Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, October 22, 2012

my azz: a BARELY SAFE FOR WORK post....



SPEAKING OF MY AZZ:
A week ago Stev0 and ray come over on Saturday, we run the very fast 5 miles...and the last 200 yards I sprint ahead in triumph, beating their exhausted selves.
I paid for it.  I pulled a muscle in my....azz. A pain in my azz....well...I think it is a pulled hamstring, which football players always seem to have.  But it feels like a pain in the azz when I run.

SO, Stev0 and Ray want to run another fast 5 miles Sunday, and I meet them. I say "I will be beyond slooow...slower than slow...I have an injured azz".  Stev0 helpfully takes a picture of that very azz while I am stretching...and I have the slowest run of my life, stagger back home and tell the wife
"Its cocktail hour and I need a soak.  You'll find me and my sore azz in the tub with a beer...." and she and the camera did indeed find me there....btw, beer and a hot bath is a brilliant combo, why have I never done this before??????

In other news....I have a big new favorite burrito. You may recall, we have started making our own tortillas. Making guacamole fresh at home is also easy. (even if you buy guac and tortillas, keep reading)  
WELLllll, so is roasting sweet potatoes. For 4 burritos, dice 2 sweet potatoes, mix with one or 2 tbs oil and hot pepper flakes, bake 30-40 minutes until they look crispy and done. Lay some guac on 4 tortillas, then put roasted sweet potato on top: the SIMPLEST and tastiest burrito you have EVER had in your life!

9 comments:

smartcat said...

Beer in the tub! You are on your way to becoming a pin-up!
Avocados and sweet potatoes, two of my most favorite foods. Brilliant to combine them!

Unknown said...

Super-delicious! I'm drooling just thinking about it. Too late to go to the store to get ingredients here now, after 8 p.m. in Korea, but I will make a note to myself.

Michèle Hastings said...

I like a little black beans with my sweet potato burritos... almost anything is delicious wrapped in a tortilla.

Lori Buff said...

OMG that sounds so easy. Japanese sweet potatoes are even yummier than the orange ones we see here most frequently. This may be good with them too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Poor Gary's azz. Beer should definitely help, depeending upon where it's applied.

Barbara Rogers said...

Poor Gary's azz. Beer should definitely help, depeending upon where it's applied.

smalltownme said...

My husband's taken beer in the shower, so beer in the bath doesn't sound at all strange to me.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Bourbon is also good in the tub.

These burritos look AWESOME! I have avocados here waiting to be guacafied. Time to start making tortillas!

k.a. barnes said...

Oh, Gary, cocktails in the tub is one of the best things ever! I also enjoy snacks in the tub, and candy bars in the tub, and have even been known to enjoy dinner in there as well. I once watched two discs worth of Bruce Springsteen concert footage in the tub, with my laptop balanced on the sink edge. Oh, how I love my clawfoot tub. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.