Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, October 14, 2012

this is why the cat is NOT allowed in the studio...

Many of you will know that we are BEDEVILED by a giant mouse...in my spice drawer, my studio, everywhere that Spike cat, champion mouser, is NOT.  For the first time ever, Spike has been given free reign over the rest of the house and studio, every closet, whatever...I took the first pic when he first entered the studio and minutes later there was a crash.......dammit.......

Anyway, the wife was in NY city Saturday and, YES, I work home alone all the time, but this was different:  I had the early hair appt. with Michelle then HOME DEPOT!  Woohoo!  I got 3 projects started later and....well, dropped 2 of them.  The wife is the fixit around here, and she needs to use her expertise, although you will see that I DID succeed in stripping paint off the ancient doorknob, looks soooo nice now....but anyway, LATER, of course, my running buddies came over and we did a quick 5 miles (well, quicker than if we had run 6 miles) and then we opened the BEERS and I baked a foccaccia...you know we were having fun because I forgot to get any pictures of THAT! (rare for me, I know!)  The wife called in the middle of that mess with my friends and I was like "sorry, too busy having fun to talk..."

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

No, that hannging green thing isn't a mouse! Poor plant. Great doornob. Great refreshments. Hope mousie got some crumbs...oh oh, you don't want that, do you!

Michèle Hastings said...

I think investing in mouse trap would be less catastrophic than letting Spike loose in the studio!

pretty door knob

smartcat said...

Nice doorknob, Gary! If you do get a trap be sure it's a good one. We had some that were mousie buffets!

Spike needs to learn Kliban's Mousie Song!
Love them little mousies;
Mousies what I like to eat!
Bite they little heads off;
Nibble on they tiny feet!
I am still trying to figure out how a ten lb. cat can knock over a 25 lb. plus planter!

Good looking foccacia

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Lol! I'm almost 100% positive that cats do things like that knowing exactly what the response will be.

Michèle Hastings said...

mouse trap hint... peanut butter is the perfect bait.

smalltownme said...

Spike is a curious cat.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Spike in your studio is probably a bit like the proverbial bull in a china shop...
Definitely time for a mouse trap! I second the PB bait.
And when the wife is away in the city, the beers come out and the bread looks pretty! (Pretty darn tasty, I bet!)

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Oh, Spike. That looks like the time that my Lily dumped over my small lemon tree.

Quietly Otaku said...

Oh dear, thats quite an adventurous cat!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Who would ever paint over that gorgeous door knob??? Good for you for stripping it back to it's original glory. You'd pay big bucks for one of those at an antique shop.

Spike dropped that plant to help you realize that it was root bound and needed a bigger pot. He was just trying to help. So sayeth the cat lady. :)

Focaccia...good idea!

k.a. barnes said...

Oh my gosh, Spike standing up on his back legs is the funniest! He looks like a toddler in furry pajamas!

Julia said...

Good gosh, Spike is a little...chubby!

That door knob looks fabulous!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.