Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

killer kalzones!!!!!


(mugs by me---I am excited by the shape and decoration I am exploring here, and am taking it further in my work today!)

Gosh it has been YEARS since I made calzones...pizza turnovers....
oh man, the BEST way to have pizza! I had come across this perfect recipe and it got me going...these are huge and tasty and so tidy too :)

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you and your wife eat all those yourself or did you have help? They look wonderful. I love the mugs too, I may have to purchase some.

ALBUG

Michèle Hastings said...

pizza in ANY form is delicious!!
...and those mugs make me smile :-)

Lori Buff said...

I can almost smell them from here.

smartcat said...

I smell goo things ood things in the oven!
Calzones were huge around here a few years ago, then the fad died away.I make filled bread all the time, but have sort of forgotten about calzones.
Yours look delicious! Whay did you fill them with?

Barbara Rogers said...

Pizza filled bread, eh? The only Calzone I ever had was in NYC in 1983. Maybe it's time to have another. (And it was good!)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

these calzones? I filled them with olives, chopped onion, soy sausage, a little tomato sauce and non-dairy cheese :) pretty darn spectacular, actually, and this recipe makes a perfect herbed crust! NO, we could each barely eat one, wit 2 leftover :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Love the color and shape of those mugs! Jim loves calzones. I'm a thin crust kinda girl but maybe I ought to be a good wife and make some of these for him. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.