Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, October 5, 2012

fall colors = LEAVES and beer chili....

Have I shared my beer chili recipe with you?  I cannot remember.  The wife was at a party yesterday evening, and I simmered a big pot of beer chili all day...for MYSELF.   Holy cats, amaaaaaazingly tasty! Recipe follows...it has also been, as we used to say, Indian summer...check the colors around our house and the river behind our house....

(our house and back yard)





Gary's super easy beer chili!

I use a crock pot.
Pour some oil in there, turn to low.  Drain 15 oz cans of kidney beans and black beans, toss in with a cup of frozen corn and a chopped onion and garlic.  Dice a bell pepper and 8 oz seitan or tofurkey sausage and add.  Toss in a 15 ozcan of diced tomato and every spice you can think of.  Dice and add 2 jalapenos.  Pour in a cup of spaghetti sauce.  Pour one beer over the whole thing and simmer all day!

8 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Your house looks like spring time even with the autumn colors around it.

Michèle Hastings said...

I LOVE fall! It so pretty in your neck of the woods. Not sure when our leaves will turn this year, it's still pretty green here.
I made a vegan chili last week very similar to your recipe, I used firm tofu that I dusted in corn starch and spices, then fried in a non-stick pan. I should have added a BEEER! next time.

smartcat said...

You have so much pretty color while we have almost none here on top of the hill.

It's supposed to get cooler by monday, sounds like a good time for chili. That recipe sounds delicious!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Sounds good and easy to make! And better yet, your newly painted house looks GREAT with the autumnal background. :)

Unknown said...

Your house looks so pretty against the autumn colours, the chili looks tasty too.

Stacey B said...

You had me at beer chili.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You had me at beer. Chili was just a bonus. Looks delish...as soon as it is not sweltering here, I'll be making a pot or 12 of that.
The house looks great!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Beagles look really good in autumn!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.