Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Three Cats for Time warp Tuesday!

You know that Jenn started this and there are many of us who participate including Brightside Susan and smalltown me  and jen rants and raves and Tonya Lynn    and Fond of Snape  . Basically, a fun way to dig up and share some old photos!!!!

My entry this week involves more random photos floating around on my desk, this time of our two old (and gone!) cats, Sammy (1990-2007) and Emily (1994-2011), seen here with Spike, who wanted his breakfast when I took this pic.....
If you go back to my early blogging days (I never do) or if you were reading me then, you remember Sammy, my fuzzy old orange and white tiger.  Both cats in 2007 ate tainted pet food and became sick, Sammy was 17 and did not recover, Emily did.
Sammy was my bachelor cat!  I got him as a small kitten in Chicago as a stray in a December snow storm, and he nearly died.  He was a beautiful little kitten, and eventually got well and was a big, handsome, robust cat.  When he was about one I was like "Sammy, let me introduce you to my future wife" and he  liked the (future) wife a lot and even crawled up her skirt and puked. I remember getting our dog Petey (last Tuesday's post!) and saying "oh, let's get Sammy a dog!"  HE DID NOT WANT A DOG. Then we said "let's get Sammy a kitten" and HE DID NOT WANT a kitten....or the other dogs we got (see last Tuesday's post!).  He was a bit moody, but absolutely my best friend....Emily here in the right picture was another abandoned kitten...but oh so sweet.  Well, anyway, Spike here was also abandoned and I am sorry, I am getting teary thinking about these guys...but anyway, both Emily and Sammy had very looooong and healthy and happy lives with us :)

10 comments:

Janet said...

oh, but it's so tough sometimes. Such lovely cats :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Our families come and go in our lives, don't they. Thanks for telling the stories of your cats.

Jen said...

Isn't it amazing how close a person can become to their pets? If I looked at a photo of my dog, Skruffy, I would definitely get teary.

smalltownme said...

Bachelor cat!

Michèle Hastings said...

I too still get sad when I look at pictures of my pets that have passed on. I then remember all the joy they brought me when they were part of my family.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Boy am I glad I had this idea. You are rocking it. I loved this.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I see that you have a history of awesome and HUGE cats! Very sweet post here. Cat lady approved.

Susan said...

I love looking at photos of our little dog. She died in May but there were so many wonderful years with her.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Such sweet babies you've had. Think of the wonderful lives they got to spend with you!!! Awesome.

Emily SIL said...

I luuurvved Sammy! I have a picture somewhere of meeting him in your bachelor apt in Chicago when you and Mrs. Pottsb first hooked up. And when you two adopted Emily kitten, I was so flattered to know you named her after me!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.