WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, September 1, 2014
next month the snow starts to fly....
Well, it also happens so fast: suddenly it is September. And just as I say every March, as it is snowing "next month, in April, we can picnic outside!" which is hard to believe then, but always true, I can also say every September "next month we will have our first snow" because every October of my life in upstate NY we have seen at least a little snow--sometimes a lot. I should be grateful: we aren't likely to see any snow this month! And generally our fall is just gorgeous, all the color and golden days and CHRISTMAS! And then (ignoring all the horrible weeks of bitter cold and ice and snow) spring and summer again...
I am starting school anywhere, of course, but you always feel optimistic this time of year, right? Some big new changes coming, with new people, yippee!
Cousins visited last week and as we poured the coffee, there was a request for sugar along with "I have tried coffee without sugar but it just tastes so good WITH sugar!". I am afraid I don't know about that, having always had black coffee, so I scrambled to find a sugar bowl. (the house is full of them...all are empty, but I like to make them!) I settled on our egg cup (also empty!) the guy with the chicken down there, which makes a good sugar bowl for one, and realized I needed to make MORE little cuties like it, so I did.
Have a great Monday!
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- robot pots...!
- my massive mugshot Monday.....
- "she's very photogenic"
- a week from Christmas....
- SMUDGE the bunny
- when pigs fly........
- when CUTE got CUTER: beagles and corgis!
- the long and the short of it....
- Chateau Muller..?
- Indian Hunter and his dog...
- cute in real life, almost as cute in clay :)
- the way to woo a woman: CALZONES as comfort food...
- DRAGONS: here there be monsters!
- speaking of wholesale....
- "much too expensive" vs. "you don't charge enough"
- what an AWESOME harvest: gluten-free and vegan las...
- not QUITE a hurricane....
- wine, pottery, music?!
- what do you follow?
- what happens when we glaze....
- the only thing cuter than a BEAGLE is a beagle PUPPY
- apple pie minus the pie!
- 1969 part TWO
- 1969....part one!
- the HIGH and the LOW....
- extraordinary things....
- muggy once again....
- next month the snow starts to fly....
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)