Well actually it is TWO WEEKS until my open studio here! October 11-12, Saturday and Sunday 11-5! email me email@example.com to get directions and more info. And surely I realize Christmas is ...gasp....3 MONTHS from now! But not in my dreams.... I have been dreaming of snow every night for the last couple of weeks.... I am not especially fond of snow. I live in a place, and you need to realize I have ALWAYS lived in places like this, where the snow can pile up taller than your head. Snow is not a pretty Hallmark Card or rom-com (I do LOVE LOVE, ACTUALLY though...) but a serious nuisance starting in October and ending in May. So why dream of it???
WELL, dreaming last night it was fun. A cheerful week before Christmas, only light snow and ice, and with a group of friends we took bikes and skateboards downtown to open a few friend presents outside a bar and have a cheerful little party.... made me feel all holiday spirit and all.
ANYWAY, lately making a lot of vases. I am holding the 2 blue ones to give you an idea of size--they are pretty big, for me.... have an awesome weekend!
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- robot pots...!
- my massive mugshot Monday.....
- "she's very photogenic"
- a week from Christmas....
- SMUDGE the bunny
- when pigs fly........
- when CUTE got CUTER: beagles and corgis!
- the long and the short of it....
- Chateau Muller..?
- Indian Hunter and his dog...
- cute in real life, almost as cute in clay :)
- the way to woo a woman: CALZONES as comfort food...
- DRAGONS: here there be monsters!
- speaking of wholesale....
- "much too expensive" vs. "you don't charge enough"
- what an AWESOME harvest: gluten-free and vegan las...
- not QUITE a hurricane....
- wine, pottery, music?!
- what do you follow?
- what happens when we glaze....
- the only thing cuter than a BEAGLE is a beagle PUPPY
- apple pie minus the pie!
- 1969 part TWO
- 1969....part one!
- the HIGH and the LOW....
- extraordinary things....
- muggy once again....
- next month the snow starts to fly....
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
I try not to think about Christmas... or snow :-)
I'm impressed with the big blue vases! Big is ok also, sometimes.
One of these days, I'm going to show up at your open house. Just you wait! :)
Post a Comment