Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3 random facts, 2 frogs, 1 snail...


(new bowls by Gary Rith)
How is THAT for improvising a post title???
You will see below that there is a SNAIL on our bouquet!  How is that for a natural, organic flower arrangement?
And maybe you could say "it is 2 bowls, each has 2 frogs!" which is true.

Now let me remember, what were those 3 facts....

1)  8 YEARS!  I have been blogging for 8 years now.  Started with myspace, moved to blogger in August 2006 then filled that up, started a second blog then this one...there are links down there (not to myspace).  I never ever look back at old blog posts, I just don't care, but 8 years of daily posting seems pretty good, doesn't it?  many of you have been along since the beginning.... this means YOU CM!

2)  Dreams:  wacky!  I was dreaming that my uncle...or was it grandfather?  Owed a lot of money to a men's clothing shop.  He gave them 50 sculptures he had made (which actually, since he never sculpted anything--I MADE, in my dream.) They were wooden and leather and I didn't care for them.  So anyway, long after my grandfather is dead, I discover these sculptures cluttering up a men's store...for sale...and I tell them "I don't really like them, but I could rent a Uhaul and take them away..that is my best offer.  Then you could have your storeroom back!"

3)  oh, who cares what 3 was :)  have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

Lori Buff said...

You are too funny.

I love the picture at the top.

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, glad your math doesn't take in my money...I'd say 4 frogs in all!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

I started blogging in June 2006, so I remember you from early on. And your pottery, dreams, gardens, recipes, sock monkey, and EVERYTHING is still just as, or even more, awesome than EVER!

XO

cm said...

Eight years? Where does the time go? I immediately thought of the King of 8.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

8 YEARS!!!!! That's really impressive.

smalltownme said...

I started blogging in Dec 06. It was a good year for many of us.

That is just the cutest little snail ever.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.