Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, August 26, 2012

the very very busy day indeed....



I have not run a race in something like...18 years?  Not counting when I coached cross country and track to high schoolers, and THEY raced.  But next week, bright and early, I run a 5K (3.1 miles) in Groton.  I go slow.  I always go slow.  Running to me is about accomplishing a distance without getting hurt.  I wore my 1992 Chicago marathon tee to try to intimidate Stev0's ass, but he is far too kindly to pay attention to me underhanded mind games ;)

Anyway, my best pal Stev0 has been a serious runner for years, and the Groton 5K on Labor Day is in his back yard so to speak, and he took me over the course Saturday morning.  then, of course, the wife buys me a burrito and takes me biking..............
Slept REALLY well last night....

You probably need to be thinking CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! Great new items at my etsy gallery!
skull mugput a bird on it turtle sugar bowl with blue bird on topspecial pair of cups elephant and rabbit togetherpair of dog and cat cups and saucers

2 comments:

Gallow said...

Yeah, it's the 100 mile ultra marathon T-Shirts that intimidate me.

Joyful Things said...

Running. I tried - I failed. Best of luck in the 5k, but wear a sympathy shirt instead of an intimidation shirt

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.