Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

winter coats and hot coffee when it is 93 degrees...

OK, it isn't 93 NOW, this second,  but having the hot porridge for breakfast with the hot coffee has me sweating here...the majority of American households have AC, right?  Not us! It is usually colder than a well digger's azz here in upstate NY, and last week we were wearing heavy jackets to walk the dog in the early morning 50 degree cool.  But now?  It is very August-like, 80s, 90s, which my southern friends probably consider NICE.
My new winter parka arrived yesterday.  Don't think I am GREEDY, I donated a coat or 2 to make way for this thing....anyway, at that point the thermometer read 93, and I zipped that parka on, hood and all, lickity split out of excitement and to be certain the fit was good, which it was.
It is s'posed to snow next week, so it arrived just in time.....

More flowers on celadon pieces, mmmmmmm, mmmm good :)


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

6 comments:

smartcat said...

Love those blues!
I am in complete denial when it comes to winter!

Barbara Rogers said...

"LIKE"

Michèle Hastings said...

Keep those flowers coming, perhaps they will keep that snow at bay!

Anonymous said...

Our humidity finally left today and it's almost light sweater weather. What? Crazy!

JB said...

Summer is coming, today, prediction 78F...Down to just one jumper. Yay!

Caroline said...

I can't believe you're heading into snow again already. Where did the time go? It seems like only recently that you were showing us the deep snow pics and then the snow melting. Lori, are you quoting Jon Snow by any chance?

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.