Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

About COMPLICATIONS




I should give this guy a name.  This huge spotted slug hangs around our house and BY GOD it looked like he was trying to crawl in the window yesterday....
(it is, BTW, a leopard slug and he was first blogged yesterday...shall we call him Freddy?)

COMPLICATIONS:  I like a simple life.
We have one car.  The mechanic calls yesterday "to pass inspection we could replace the whatzit for 2200 dollars....or for 150 we could try to clean the somethingorother...it might pass then" and I am like "the car is ten years old, DUH! Not 2200 bucks, clean the somethingorother!" which worked....

I hate filling out forms of ANY kind.  I spent an hour trying to fill out an online form to apply to a cup show yesterday...an hour!  And got nowhere with the payment.  I did the same with another show last month, it was as easy as sending an email and had 4 payment options, from credit card to check to paypal and was SUPER easy.  The one I wasted an hour on yesterday had something I have never seen before requiring passwords, links and endless fiddling.  I send an email for help...essentially giving up....and the manager tells me to go at the same dang thing all over again...and so I do.  With the same result.  A process SO FRUSTRATING AND FRUITLESS that a person is tempted to move to California, apply for a medical maryjane card and get a bag of doritos.... so I told them I again give up.  

11 comments:

Cassi said...

Just looking at that slug gives me the willies. I'm glad we don't have them here --I imagine they could decimate a garden in a night!

Barbara Rogers said...

I guess if you're going to be as ugly as a slug, the leopard spots might make up for it. ARGHCHE!

bartster said...

Maybe the slug's name could be "Def"? The dude looks huge! Hope simplicity finds its way back into your daily routine:)

k.a. barnes said...

We have one of those slugs on our deck! I think he's trying to get in the house through the dog door. I do not like them.

Véronique said...

go Freddy go!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the enrolling, registering and passwords. Pre-technology, the world was a MUCH easier, simpler place I think.

smalltownme said...

That thing is huge! I hope it can't get in!

cookingwithgas said...

save your money- I hate the hoops and now don't jump for or through them. The slug, can I send you mine, collect.
The car- 2200..!!

Blondi Blathers said...

How big is that slug?

Michèle Hastings said...

maryjane and doritos... that sure gave me a chuckle, and brought back memories of years gone by ;-)

we had lots of slugs eating our garden two years ago... Jeff made beer traps for them. it did the trick.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

No. Just no to that slug. I don't care if it has fancy spots. EWWWWW!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.