Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, August 9, 2015

on BLOGGING...after 9 years....

Not being overly sentimental although good at celebrating little anniversaries, this week marks 9 years since I started blogging.  The first day was on myspace, but I could see my blather would fill that thing up quickly, so I started on blogger...I filled up that blog and then a second, learned how to add content without using up all the memory (thanks to facebook!) and have been at this blog for a few years.  Every day, very few missed.  Thousands of posts.....

The original idea was to share my dreams*, what I was listening to and what I was making. In the early days, that meant a lot of Beastie Boys music videos, lately, not so much of those. And there has certainly been a LOT of dogs and cats here, esp. given the unexpected turn I have taken as everybody's GO TO cat or dog whisperer.....

ANYWAY, a few of you have been here from the beginning.....Celeste, for example, who has been blogging daily, and secretly, for 12 years was my inspiration.  Many of you came later, but daily.  I'm really grateful.  I just throw the spaghetti at the wall, see what sticks, and you are nice enough to visit :)
Thank you.

*Dreams?  OK, Friday I dreamt that we had 2 children playing out front and 2 guys tried to kidnap them.  Our neighbor the firefighter came out to help and made a call...to what we thought was 911, but it was NOT.  It seems law enforcement and emergency services know of a special roving squad of guys who travel wherever...to DISAPPEAR the dirtbags, the worst of the worst, without bothering the law about it.  They cuffed our 2 suspects and took them away....to be quietly flown over the ocean for a swim with the sharks.... I was thinking this would make a terrific movie and I am entertaining offers now.

AND THEN last night? I dreamt I was in a biology class and my assignment was to bury the newly deceased Amy Winehouse.  Dang, poor Amy.....anyway, I had a pick, shovel, hoe...broked the pick, it was going to be slow going, but I wanted to bury her with some of her favorite things AND set up a memorial aboveground.

I was not unhappy to wake up to my ordinary life after either dream...

9 comments:

smartcat said...

NINE YEARS!!! I'm impressed!
I read your posts every morning and wonder if all is well if you don't post!
Keep dreaming!

Véronique G. said...

;)

Barbara Rogers said...

Hoorah for 9 years. I don't know when I started my first Alchemy, now I'll have to go look. No where that long ago, cause I was still doing the 8-5 job till 8 years ago. Great dreams! Movie for sure. I like thinking of you as a cat/dog whisperer.

Anna said...

Gosh Gary, I lost track of you around blog number 2 and here you are still going strong... I just checked and my blog has been going since June 2006! Obviously not with daily posts like you. Well done.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Happy 9th Blogiversary!
I rarely remember dreams, so I enjoy reading about your interesting ones. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!
Nine years--impressive.
And those are both some pretty quirky dreams--at the very least fodder for short stories, if not screenplays.

Michèle Hastings said...

geesh... has it really been nine years?! I think I started reading your blog in 2007, around the time I started to blog. I was a lurker for some time before being brave enough to comment! I am sure that JZ pointed me in your direction, although I had first seen your work at a league of NH craftsmen show a couple of years before that.

celeste said...

Nine years, eh? Means I should be able to ditch the parole officer soon.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm playing catch up so I'm late to the party. Happy Anniversary to you! I'm glad to have found your blob and become friends. Here's to many more years. :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.