Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Penny's tenth birthday ....
Many of you will remember Penny came to us 4/28/2007 from the shelter (click here to see the original blog link with pictures and story! God, the wife and dog look THE SAME but I look so different), aged about two according to the vet. We mark that as her birthday (although we can't know her exact age or birthdate, as she was a stray). She had gotten lost in an April snowstorm and ended up crying at a back door near us. Otherwise she was healthy and unhurt and taken to the shelter to find a home.
It was physically evident she had just given birth to puppies. Nobody was ever looking for her, nobody knows what happened to the puppies or where she came from.
The way I like to think of the unknown backstory is this: Penny had a litter of puppies in some nice family's kitchen but when she went out and saw a squirrel, she ran 100 miles and got lost. BEAGLES ARE WANDERERS and this is how they act off leash, GONE!
Anyway, I don't think I have ever loved a creature as much as I love this sweet little dog. Ten. Or our 8th anniversary at least :)
We celebrated by getting a box of Greenies doggie treats (holy CATS, 35 bucks for the big box...) and hiking the East Hill Rail Trail.
Posted by Gary's third pottery blog at 4:20 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- the Queen is a pottery student and other such surp...
- Penny's tenth birthday ....
- bowled over!
- baking banana bite muffins with beagles, gluten-fr...
- mine, all mine!
- no Kardashians or Jenners here, nosireebob....
- gawdamn SNOW....
- out of the dungeon and into the studio....
- DUNGEON: before, after, and after THAT
- teapot Tuesday: violets, pansies, something like ...
- mug shot Monday: repetition!
- double before and after...
- didn't get eaten by alligators THIS time....
- T-Rex, Godzilla, dinosaur, dragon, monster, whatev...
- how to WRECK or SAVE an afternoon....depending on ...
- oh what joy spring is....
- it is with some relief....TEAPOT TUESDAY!
- the birds and the bees: making...flowers!
- HUSH PUPPY: adventures in cornbread, redux....
- first of the season...
- iris and pesto pasta with pets....
- blue iris....
- flower blossoms, inside anyway!
- teapot Tuesday, spring edition!
- you heard me right: RAMEN PIZZA
- dreaming of a WHITE Easter.....
- Large LIZARD LOVE.....
- sixty four and a first!
- slowest spring EVER....
- birthdays are NO joking matter....
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Happy Birthday, Penny!
Good back story...and glad to see she's leashed, cause she's worth more than money to you.
So worth the price of Greenies! Happy Birthday Penny!
How great you all found each other. What a wonderful way for a family to come together.
Sweet, sweet, sweet!!! And I hope her backstory was as nice as the one you have imagined.
Happy Birthday Penny! You truly deserve $35 treats.
Happy Birthday, dear Penny! Our cats are jealous of your Greenies. They only get little bags.
Happy birthday to sweet Penny, who hit the jackpot when she arrived at your house!
Happy Birthday dear Penny!!!! So glad you found each other.
At that price you could have tried some of the treats yourself. haha
Post a Comment