The wife is watching these videos of ME making stuff and she tells me
"I forget that I am married to a rock star". To which I reply humbly "Its just a mug!".
The first video I am making the mustache mug for Suz. Her daughter is a student, so I am making it bigger than my usual mug. She will be needing a lot of coffee :) I watched it later and realized
a) I made the mug in just a minute then fiddled and fussed with it for another minute and
b) there are all these little things I do I don't think about while I am working and
c) potters may nod at the bit where I scrape a bit off the bottom, then try for that ONE LAST pull, to get ONE MORE half inch of height...
its a quick video, then the second shows painting underglaze onto a zombie mug--it will get greenish and pinkish color later plus a clear glaze coat on top, and the final video is Spike cat ...
Gary's Third Pottery Blog
When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Me and Missus Tastycakes
ME, the TV interview :)
my etsy gallery
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- it all started when....
- you probably wanted to know what our living room l...
- Chuck and the fierce beagle......
- REdefining ADORable....
- partying with Benji, Erin, the wife and.....
- a boatload once again.....
- Soupy? Soupie?? Soupey??? Soopie????
- adorable alert: BEAGLES and BLACK coffee...
- must have been Monday, if everything was gonna bre...
- so much to see....
- and a happy father's day to you too!
- more fun with planking!!!!!
- painting the beagle...
- things you don't want to see.....
- the owl and the pussycat and the zombie
- KILLER beagle.....
- burning down the house....
- when pigs fly....
- the wife and the ass.....
- mustache mug.......
- funky punky monkey junk
- SNOW in June
- the wife returns and more wildlife.....
- car jar!
- Penny and the ENORMOUS...DOG?
- the story of the PINK SOAP dish and partying whils...
- the wife will be on the road wondering WTF I have ...
- "I forget I am married to a star"
- SNAKE no more.......
- June 1.................
- ▼ June (32)
- ► 2010 (616)
- Gary's third pottery blog
- I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.
Very good! I love to watch a skillful craftsman at work! :-)
I'll be watching to see how that cup comes along, with the glaze and firing.
contented potter, contented cat
What a life you lead! :)
i enjoyed the painting video... i have never used underglaze so it was good to see your technique.
Love the videos thanks for sharing! Have a great day!
Do you listen to a certain type of music when you make different things?
Watching a mug form from a lump of clay is magical.
Spike is toying with you. World domination is just around the corner.
I loved watching that mug be formed.
Rock stars can be tough to live with: stay humble. Spike will soon humble you, otherwise.
that is one scary looking snake. i for one am happy it came to a gory end. no apologies. no sireee.
just an update: oldest mulette will be a 'Texas Longhorn' next year. He'll be attending UT in Austin, Tx. At the end of the day, deep pockets dad refused to come up with the tuition to Duke...
Wonderful, wonderful....so interesting to see how each of us throws! The same yet so different! Gosh, crank up those tunes. When I throw you can hear our music down the block! hahhahahahaha!
Spike is so way silly, he is master predator! :)
Thanks for the video--My wife wondered about the musical background. As I'm back throwing after several months,I found the throwing video helpful and one to consult regularly! Cheers.
Post a Comment