Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, March 16, 2015

Mugshot Monday: I didn't do the crime!


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

These rose/chrysanthemum pieces have inspired another sort of thing, a version 2.0 of flowered pots by me, as it were. I have some of those in the kiln, get to see them today :)

But sure, making other pottery types too, right? As you see below...

OK, so I dreamt I was a respectable teacher blahblahblah and somehow got involved in and angry at a couple of thieves and con men....and there was an attempted murder, some felony theft and burglary along with embezzlement...and suddenly I found myself and these other 2 realizing we could testify against each other if we got caught by the police...but it was better to RUN which is what we did, having an hour to grab a few things and disappear.

I think the moral of that story is:
always have a false mustache, different glasses, a spare outfit at least one other identity with passport and cards and cash.  A lot of cash.  In a bag, ready to go...maybe some snacks in there, and a paperback or 2 that you havn't read yet....

3 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Very nice, I like the flowers.

Barbara Rogers said...

I particularly like the green lid on the new teapot, matching the insides of the mugs...and rose-antehemums are pretty on the white clay!

Michèle Hastings said...

Something must have been in the air last night... Jeff dreamed that he had to escape from a Korean prison.

That's a sweet tea set in the first photo.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.