Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, March 9, 2015

more than just another Mugshot Monday!



I was working in the studio Saturday and lost an in progress pot because my hands were so numb I couldn't feel the clay.  I am hopeful THE DAILY FROZEN HANDS and triple warm outfits (see above:  wearing plaid wool over my...plaid wool!).

With spring in mind, let's take note of 2 recently made mugs:  bunny in a pink skull tee flying a kite! And another, as I told you yesterday, chrysantherose :)

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I love these mugs...maybe without a skull on the tee. Keep warm. I'm thinking spring thoughts...in case it helps!

Michèle Hastings said...

The bunny and kite mug is adorable.
and yes, it's about time to get rid of the layers.

JB said...

I am wondering if the flower direction is a yearning for spring? I can't imagine being trapped inside by snow for so long. (I know you are not trapped as such)

Caroline said...

Oh dear, your Winter does seem to be going forever. I would bottle some of our sunny weather for you if I could.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I wish I could send you some warm weather. It's supposed to be 89 here this week. 89 in March! Ugh. I would happily send you at least 20 of those degrees if I could!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Crysantherose... aha! I thought it was a bouquet of daffodils. :)
Spring is coming soon...

Chelsea Mae Wesely said...

I heard today to use a crockpot for your throwing water. Genius!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.