Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, July 30, 2016

so that was an incredibly great day….




Like I said, I was over at the Ithaca Artist Market at the Farmer's Market yesterday evening….

The farmer's market in Ithaca is on the lakefront and is a large and wonderful permanent structure.  It runs Saturdays and Sundays with the usual food, produce, and a bit of art.  The last Friday in July is ALL art…and music and a lot of other things too, and the weather was magnificent, and I had the chance to see EVERYBODY. Keep in mind it snows here 11 months out of the year, and this gives us all a chance to take off the parkas and stroll about and see each other…. And oh goodness, the crowds were huge…one acquaintance told me she and her not too quick husband had parked in some distant spot and walked for nearly an hour to get in, NO JOKE.

This is totally the best event of the year.

Usually you think organizers place different artists together, but probably because we had all unknowingly asked for certain spots there was a pottery row…my old pals Owen Mann and Jill Ackerman were next to me, which, and this is my HIGHEST praise, was exceedingly congenial…Owen makes the big beautiful flowers, Jill the pots….both of them, as you see, have those turquoise-ish greenish glazes there that I would probably KILL to get for myself ;)

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

Look at that wonderful personalized bag!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

How wonderful. I bet it was just a lovely weekend for all of you. I'd LOVE to go myself!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.