Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, December 15, 2014

Score! The lucky wagon joins the lucky blue table...



So you know I am at my last fair of the year Sunday (and YES, my aching body  slept like the dead last night) and it was a first, in some ways.
As you see below, I don't recall ever loading the vehicle when I was in snow almost up to my knees in our driveway...I s'pose I could have shoveled there, right? Also, my lucky blue table on the roof?  It has never ridden atop the car before.  I mean, I found it on the street for free, so it is not unused to the elements, and it is a tough little trooper....I find that when I go to fairs with it I do SUPER GOOD sales...really!

But you see that wagon up there in the middle?  The last picture of these shows my buddy Nance and her colorful display. Which HAD a wagon in it, a small, puppy size wagon.  The name of this show was Little Red Wagon, so Nance borrowed a little red wagon from a friend who slapped a price tag on it saying "if you can sell it, do!".  Nance was displaying jewelry on it.

She was setting up and I grabbed it and threw some cash at her with a jaunty "No tax, and you'll give me a discount, won't you?" and she was like "wait, you can't take it now, it's my display!!!".

I took it.  It became MY display.  Later another friend told her I had doubled the price and sold it to HER for a tidy little profit and Nance was steamed...until she heard the laughter....
I am not selling it, now it is MY lucky little red wagon.  Nice part of the display, hmm?


My old pal Christi organized this thing.  If I WAS tired, imagine how tired she might be?
Awesome season, now to ship some boxes.....


Nance below, WITHout the little wagon....

6 comments:

Lori Buff said...

The little wagon is perfect for your display, well done, including the practical joke.

Momma Fargo said...

How awesome! Love your display!

Michèle Hastings said...

the wagon is PERFECT for your display!

Barbara Rogers said...

That wagon BELONGS in your display...and is set off just right by your darling critters and shiney glazed pottery!

smalltownme said...

I am impressed you can fit all that into your car.

soubriquet said...

Just up the road a couple of weeks ago someone put a rusty Radio Flyer out for the trash men.... I was in a hurry for my physical therapy appointment, so thought.... I'll grab that when I come back in a couple of hours.... Boooooohooooooo! it was gone, the rest of the trash was there but... boooooohoooooooooooooo!
So I'm jealous. I don't need one. I just wanted it, rusty relic of someone else's childhool.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.