Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, December 26, 2014

post-Christmas Blues....




Immensely wonderful Christmas and Christmas eve here, hope that is true for you too.

I just ate a jam tart and slice of pumpkin pie and went for my daily 5k run....and nearly left the jam tart and pie behind in a ditch.  I usually have a tiny bit of porridge before running because it is easy on the belly but gives enough fuel to move.  "But it is Christmas!" sez I, gobbling up a big breakfast...it isn't the holidays if your stomach doesn't get to the breaking point, right? ;)

Yesterday I wrote 2 Christmas haikus, all TRUE!

Frog on Christmas day
Flattened on the roadside.
Wait, a frog on Christmas????

and

Dude walking pitbull
Christmas morning. My "hello!"
Gets me a scowl.

Upstate New York averages a near one hundred percent rate of white Christmasses (FACT! Look it up! Think of Buffalo a few weeks ago!) SO, temps in the 50s and frogs and FLOWERS popping open is an unusual Christmas sight...


3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Yep, no whiteness here in CT either, and it was colder back in NC mountains than here last night! Oh well, being here is great for me, though I miss my critters.

Cassi said...

We've had a lovely, mild, brown Christmas. I'm okay with that. Next week there is a forecast high of 8 degrees. Yuck!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm finally catching up on blog reading. Glad you had a nice Christmas but sorry about the stomach. I poisoned myself (wheat...you'd think I'd learn) the other night so I feel (quite literally) your pain. Happy Belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.