Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, December 1, 2014

apprentice for a day....



I had a really great open studio.
Saturday afternoon Angelika and her 6 YO daughter came over....after poking around for awhile and eating some chocolate I asked "would you like to roll out some clay, mess around?" which led to, inevitably, the blob of clay on the wheel and TWO HOURS of muddy fun....

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my goodness...how fun for her and YOU!!!! Nothing better than messy fun.

Michèle Hastings said...

kids + clay = good fun!

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope you had lots of visitors who bought pottery too, cause this one could just melt your heart!

bartster said...

What a great experience for her...who knows she might take up pottery full time (says one who was hooked on wheel throwing after the first fifteen seconds of trying it).

Lori Buff said...

That must have been lots of fun for her and for you. What a great treat.

smalltownme said...

You are so nice!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Now I really want to go to one of your open houses! Hope you had a great day!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.