WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Shows! Come see me: Cooperstown Arts Association Nov.-Dec, Aurora Art and Design, Nov. and Dec, Temple Beth El, Ithaca, Nov. 22, Open Studio HERE , November 27-28, Ellis Hollow Fair, Dec 5, Space at Green Star, ithaca, Dec 12-13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2015
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
(pottery and sketches by Gary Rith)
You remember Baby Alex, right? My little buddy, my honorary nephew, my honorary cousin Tiffany's son? I come home from seeing him and I am like "I gotta draw babies on mugs!"* and I work on it and get one I like. Our elderly kitten Emily, of course, spends the winter sleeping on the wife's sweaters, which is SO cute, I wanted to put that onto mugs too...so I did :)
*I am thinking of doing my first EVER New Year's pottery: New Year, New Baby!
You know I am doing this ten day thing, right? Today is 4 turn offs. Gosh, isn't that like, a bachelor question? I don't know what turns me off or on...or do I?
1) let's be honest, ODORS! Cat box, fish, smelly guy sleeping on a park bench? I do not prefer to smell that.
2) pit bulls scare me to death, even if it is not their fault
3) snobbiness--we are all people with something to share, so be nice
4) turtlenecks--there is something dishonest and sneaky about them.....
bonus: I give the wife a kiss this morning and I don't know WHAT nasty lipstick or lip balm she has on, but YUCK! OK, that is like my biggest turn off: a kiss full of waxy, smelly lip stuff, ewww!
OK, my first vote for music video of the year, the Black Keys!
(my wife will be apalled at this I think......)
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.
- ► 2015 (324)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- that was New Year's eve's eve....and the best of 2...
- noodles + peanut butter + ketchup
- when Georges met Georgine
- starring Jen Mecca!
- 2 of my ladies....
- babies yesterday, going goth metal today?
- new year new baby!
- UNboxing day, the aftermath....
- Christmas postcard from Etna, NY
- M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
- Christmas eve's eve
- Georges Le Soq: probably not on Santa's GOOD LIST...
- putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
- party with Georges, Jacques, Kerry and Brett....
- more silliness for a Sunday....
- brainless, c'est moi
- the wife tells me all about myself...
- Baby Alex STRIKES AGAIN: the return of Little Dude...
- Dear Santa, eez me, Georges....
- NY city baby...part TWO
- NY city baby...part one....
- I'm on a mission from God....
- sneaking around outside in the dark....
- G00D and plenty
- PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!
- like before, and like, AFTER
- have a badazz Christmas....
- I killed it!
- not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mu...
- Charlie Br0wn's Christmas....
- dude is like "cool hat, man"
- God FORBID....
- 3 French wenches, 12 dumpsters and Georges Le Soq'...
- Georges Le Soq and the 12 days of Christmas....
- ▼ December (35)